Creating an Inclusive Learning Environment: Supporting students experiencing mental health challenges and other conditions that affect their learning
UTAS’s Social Inclusion Community of Practice (CoP) and the Equity Practitioners in Higher Education Australasia (EPHEA) Tasmanian Chapter are hosting an afternoon for academic and professional staff to learn more about supporting students experiencing mental health challenges and other conditions that affect their learning.
• Do you work with students who have anxiety or depression or other mental health challenges?
• Do you wonder how to best support students with autism or dyslexia?
• Do you ever feel like you don’t know where to begin in regard to supporting students with disability or who learn differently?
If so, our inclusive practices workshop is for you!
Our aim is to identify common challenges we experience as teaching and support staff, and to explore strategies, solutions and resources to help us better support students. Key topics will include:
• Students with anxiety and depression
• Students on the autism spectrum
• Students with dyslexia
• Understanding UTAS’s Learning Access Plans (LAPs)
Throughout the session, we’ll be exploring the Inclusive Toolkit for UTAS staff (online resource).
2nd December 2019
Immersive studios (Burnie; Hobart; Launceston)
For more information on this event please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org